My students had their FCAT this week (math and reading state tests). Monday & Tuesday--Reading--70 minutes, Wednesday & Thursday--Math--70 minutes--Whew!
After workings so hard, I gave them a little treat today. We watched Puss in Boots (They chose this over We Bought a Zoo and The Muppets--the two I wanted to watch!) AND they got...RECESS! Yes, this was a treat. My school doesn't have recess for the older grades, 3rd-5th, so they were very excited!
Seriously, it was like watching 9 & 10 year olds who had never seen a playground before! Kind of made my day because sometimes life is all about the little things. It's amazing the kind of happiness 10 minutes on the playground can bring!
Now, on to the Discounts!
I'm pretty sure my fellow teachers out there have all scoped out the places you can get an educator's discount, but if you're anything like me it slips your mind only to remember again after you've already purchased your items. So, I put together a little list to give myself a reminder and hopefully share some places you can benefit from too!
- The Loft
- The Limited
- New York & Company
- J.Crew (including factory outlets!)
- Banana Republic
- Half Price Books
- Hancock Fabrics
- The Container Store
- Home Depot (they can help teacher's out more than you think!)
These are just the stores I shop at frequently and would use, but I'm sure if you search there are PLENTY more out there. Even if stores don't have a specific discount, if you tell them you're a teacher or if you're working on a specific project and need something they are usually more than willing to help out!
My Most Recent Discount
Now, the best part about educator discounts are Bonus Discounts! Check out the deal I scored this week!
I was basically reliving my childhood buying copies of some of my favorite books. I bought:
- Bud, Not Buddy
- Caddie Woodlawn
- From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
- The Westing Game (I've never actually read this, but have been wanting to)
- Penny from Heaven (never read this either but it's a Newberry Honor book following a girl during the summer, set in the '50s--My kind of story--favorite decade!)
- The Nancy Drew book I bought to build up my collection. For some reason #4 was on sale.
I bought 6 brand new books for less than $30--score!
A few that didn't make the cut (as much as I wanted them to), cause less face it I'm not made of money, were:
- The Giver
- On My Honor
- The Borrowers
- The Outsiders
- Where the Red Fern Grows (I bawled like a baby when I read this in 6th grade!)
I hope some of this helps you get your discount on! Happy Teacher Shopping!
What stores do you know give teacher discounts that aren't on my list?